Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 3

So it rained today and rain makes me gloomy. Or more like cloudy days with no sun make me gloomy. I don't know why but it does and I don't like feeling gloomy. It's cold and gloomy. I feel so sad today! Someone has been cutting our Christmas lights on our lawn and today we put out a sign that says, "WARNING!!! PLEASE DO NOT CUT THE LIGHTS!! It will be plugged and you will get shocked!!" We're assuming it has to be kids because the cutting is terrible and all over the place. My sis-n-law(Nyab) thinks that it's probably the neighbor's kid because it's more convenient for her as she comes over, since she always comes over with her scooter; although we don't want to be pointing fingers right now. Nyab says that we should turn on the lights today but we can't because of the rain, DAMN THE RAIN, only for today of course. Other than that I love playing in the rain, getting sick because of rain, and getting to eat all the rice porridge with chicken. Yum, that sounds good right now. I miss mother!!

I started and finished Persepolis yesterday night. Great story about the Iranian revolution and I can't wait to read #2 but then again, I went with Lexa to her English class to watch the movie and I loved it!! Jeez I'm reading the second one for sure! So here is what I wrote as notes as I watched it.
-these kids are so easily influenced by the violence
-there are certain scenes in the book that are so differently shown in the movie
-they way they display the deaths in the movie were quite fast
-the impact of the government on the kids was just crazy!
-the adults are sometimes disturbing
-the war in your backyard would scar you for life. man talk about some real experiences
-the image of war in the movie was so interesting and really fast
-their perception in which the government show the citizens of other countries were quite ridiculous
-her womanhood is all about her relationships and about being in a scary new&different country
-i realize that some psychiatrist are just awful and no help at all!
But that's pretty much what I wrote. Lexa's teacher was pretty cool with having me in class today and I was honored.

Ha. Okay so I wrote this email to the Lao Family in Minnesota about the Hmong New Year. Check it out!!!
"I'm sorry to bring this up or bother you but this really disturbed me. As you know the site asiantown.net, Well I have an account there and I read from this forum that this woman wrote and she wrote about what she was going to be wearing at the Hmong New Year at River Center. It was two very provocative outfits, totally inappropriate for that kind of celebration and family function. I was wondering if it was possible to have a certain Hmong New Year attire. I know that's a major, and very huge, change for the youth but one shouldn't be wearing anything like that to a place where families come together and celebrate the New Year. I find it disturbing and gross. I was thinking maybe, if there was chance, to give those that wear full Hmong attire, a discount at the door.

When I say full Hmong attire, for girls I mean: the regular dress(not the mini), the regular sleeve shirt, etc. and for boys I mean: the vest, the pants, the belt, etc. Whether they want to wear money or the xauv is up to them. Other full outfits are acceptable. I feel we need to make this generation realize how special it is to celebrate this New Year, in which a lot of Hmong people from all around the world has even come to celebrate with us in Minnesota.

I know it's A LOT to ask but take this into consideration. I don't want my children to be going to places where the females expose too much and the males being assumed that he's this and that because of what colors or clothing brand he wears. It's kind of ridiculous.

Thank you for you time and effort."

No comments: